Friday, March 18, 2011

The Big Questions

I think it's time to address the big questions.  I don't mean Windows vs. Mac, or 401(k) vs. Roth IRA.  I mean the really big questions.

And the first really big question is ... what are the really big questions?

Here are my candidates, in no particular order:

1) Is there a god (or are there gods?)
2) If not, what's the point? (Or, if so, what the point?)
3) Are people, in general, stupid? (If so, why is the Web all about crowd-sourcing?)
4) Is life fair? (Why can't you buy a box of vanillas?)
5) Are things getting worse? (And if not, why does it always seem that way?)
6) Why do I keep using parentheses?  (Why not?)

So these are the kinds of probing, philosophical topics I'll be taking up in future posts when I'm really stuck for an idea.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments: