Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Time Bums

Some of you have noticed that I posted what appears to be the start of a story, in comics form, on Monday. I'm planning to make that a weekly, or at least once-in-a-while, feature of this blog. Your comments and feedback are welcome.

You probably also thought that it was kind of rough and sketchy, unlike a lot of the polished, Photoshopped Web comics out there. That's because it is, in fact, kind of rough and sketchy. What you're seeing are the pencil drawings. I have definite ideas about where this is going, but I'm playing with it also. Experimenting.

William Faulkner famously said "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." I have no idea what he meant, but I think doing a comic in pencil is a lot more civilized than any homicide. Anyway, it allows me to make changes and get rid of things that don't work.

I hope you enjoy this, but if not, feel free to go look at pictures of stuff somebody put on his rabbit.

2 comments:

Bill Costa said...

So you're putting your stuff up against Stuff-On-My-Rabbit? Aren't you worried about setting the bar too high? (Looking forward to this developing story.)

Unknown said...

Yeah, I really can't compete with that.